Sassapphras

Sassapphras

A lass with sass / Who's full of class / Yet has the brass / To pass gas / To kick your ass / To be crass

Beg (Songs of Submission, # 1) - C.D. Reiss (Finished the first 6--the 7th isn't out at the time of this review.)

A lot of people say you'll like this if you like 50 Shades... well I have to say it is so much better than 50 Shades. I think the characters are more likable, and the writing is so, so far superior. Especially (and I use this word very strongly) for being short stories and erotica. The author is brilliantly talented in knowing how much of what to give. With all of the books combined, the story feels like a fully fledged series without all the added BS that drives me absolutely insane (namely, rehashing of previous novels).

I only have two real complaints: The first one is that book 6 leaves you hanging, and book 7 isn't out yet. If I had waited until October to read these, it wouldn't be an issue. The second is the price of the books. I did get books 1 and 4 for free, but the others seemed like full price for a regular-sized indie novel, which these weren't (being short stories). Though, since they're as filling as a normal sized book (remember the lack of BS comment?), I suppose this also isn't much of an issue.