Sassapphras

Sassapphras

A lass with sass / Who's full of class / Yet has the brass / To pass gas / To kick your ass / To be crass

Lips Touch: Three Times - Jim Di Bartolo, Laini Taylor This book definitely deserves five stars, but I admit to feeling a little bereft after reading. I honestly think it's the short story aspect, which, as a rule, I generally avoid. Short stories never feel complete to me. They feel rushed and unfinished. The first story in this book, although good, had that feeling. The second was excellent. The third gave a semblance of the first (though longer and more fleshed out). However, there's lack of personalization I crave, and short stories always lack. By personalization I mean intimacy, relationship, characterization, feeling like you truly connect with someone--even a fictional someone. But all this is the result of a short story. And I guess my point is, without being exactly what I want it to be, I still rate this book five stars. Laini Taylor is a new one in my favorite authors list.