Sassapphras

Sassapphras

A lass with sass / Who's full of class / Yet has the brass / To pass gas / To kick your ass / To be crass

Bad Rep (Bad Rep, #1) - A. Meredith Walters Maysie's popularity issues were a deal breaker for me. And although I originally thought it was a nice twist that the male protagonist had a girlfriend instead of boning everything that had tits, the fact that he constantly proclaimed his attraction to Maysie, and constantly pursued her, yet refused to break up with his girlfriend, was deplorable. It's not like he didn't have time. Him and Maysie were chasing each other around the mulberry bush for ages. Also, Maysie was just an idiot to allow other people to screw up her relationship with the "love of her life". I quote that term, not because it was actually used, but because who the f*ck screws up a relationship with someone they truly love because of something so stupid? The end did redeem itself some. I did like that Maysie finally stood up for herself, but it was made into too much of a big deal. And really, she should have been doing that from the beginning. I don't think it would have taken anything away from the story, and mostly likely would have enhanced it if we didn't have to put up with such a sniveling idiot for a heroine.