Sassapphras

Sassapphras

A lass with sass / Who's full of class / Yet has the brass / To pass gas / To kick your ass / To be crass

City of Ghosts - Stacia Kane I liked the first 3 books, and I'm sure I'd like the next one (and perhaps others that come after), but I generally get bored with a world if there is little to no character development. Every story feels the same with only slight variances in detail. They start slow, a tiny bit of relationship drama happens somewhere in there, then finishes strong. But every time a new book is started, it feels like you almost literally start from the beginning of the series--book 1. Chess doesn't change. Ever. She's always a druggy, she always hates herself, she's always scared (though always goes after what she's scared of), and always powerless until the end... and it just keeps on. No growth. For that, although I liked the first three books in the series, I feel like I can't go on. Maybe I'm giving up too early, but I can't really see where Chess is going anymore--or maybe the problem is I can see where she's going (and it's nowhere). So that, combined with the fact that I really wanted Lex over Terrible (I think I'm the only reader who does), and know it's not possible for them because it's emotional with Terrible and has never been with anyone else, makes me feel like I'm done. But I will admit that it was good while it lasted. I just have a short attention span. If after three books some awesome shit hasn't permanently happened to the main character, I'm done.