Sassapphras

Sassapphras

A lass with sass / Who's full of class / Yet has the brass / To pass gas / To kick your ass / To be crass

Days of Blood and Starlight (Daughter of Smoke and Bone, #2) - Laini Taylor I had a really hard time with this book. It may be my state of mind at this time (I've been very restless,) but the writing format didn't help. I'm not one of those people who like different points of view. If I do want one, I'd like it in a [very] short story. This book was riddled with them. And they were sometimes very out of focus. I did not like Zuzana's point of view. It bored me. I liked Karou's point of view, but I did not like her very much in this book--the author destroyed so much of her self worth that it made me sick. Akiva's POV was okay. The one slipped-in POV of an unknown short-lived character was just weird. And sometimes, a thing would happen, then the next chapter would backtrack and explain a recent set of events leading up to that happenstance. I don't like that either. That's like unwrapping a gift you already know the contents of. I much more liked the way the first book was written. If I remember correctly, there were a couple of scenes focused on Akiva, and a few that went back in time (which I thought important), but it was mostly focused on Karou. That's what I like. I like one main character and the story to be focused on her. And when an author can pull a fully flushed-out story from a [relatively] single POV, that, to me, is impressive.